He don't have a heart. I just keep feeding him shells. He gets it poppin' in the hood, so his name ring bells.

1.24.2006

The New Best Network on TV: "CW"

It was announced today that CBS and Warner Brothers will be launching a new network in the fall called CW. It will be a blend of the programming on the WB and UPN, and both those networks will go away. They have not even announced a preliminary lineup yet, but I can promise you this: I will spend more time watching this network this fall than any other television station on cable. Easy.

Let's look at a short list of programs that this new station will have to draw from:

Veronica Mars
Smallville
Gilmore Girls
Beauty and the Geek
WWE Smackdown
Everybody Hates Chris
Charmed

Does any other network have a lineup that strong? Honestly? No. They might have hours that can compete ("Lost", or "Earl"/"Office", or "Idol"). But trust me: if this new network creates a night with "Chris" at 8, a new decent comedy at 8:30, and "Veronica Mars" at 9, I will cancel all my plans for the rest of the year. This is a huge deal. I think this new network will finally begin to compete with the heavyweights before long, especially seeing the weak crop of shows on the air right now.

Categories:

1 Comments:

Blogger TFoxD said...

You know, if you leave comments, then it looks like people read this thing, and my motivation to write more increases. FYI. :)

January 24, 2006 3:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com