He don't have a heart. I just keep feeding him shells. He gets it poppin' in the hood, so his name ring bells.

7.29.2005

Movie: Wedding Crashers


The mind-numbing treatment plan continues!

Day 3 of the "catch my brother up at the movies" fest featured Wedding Crashers, a movie that I was excited to see when I saw the first trailer, and then witnessed my enthusiasm wane over the following months. I think it was seeing the guys I knew who were also excited about it - the "drunken late-20s but we're still kinda college age, right?" crowd, to be exact.

Trailer review:
Flightplan - Do I have to see this friggin thing every time I walk in a theater?!?
Just Like Heaven - See above.
The 40-Year-Old Virgin - Older geek trying to get laid? Steve Carell? Sign me the F up.
Domino - They need to cut a new trailer for this movie. I'm sure the film's gonna be great, but this trailer SUCKS and will not get anyone into the theater who wasn't already going to go.

And Wedding Crashers? Hysterical, although I fear it lacks the shelflife of the comedies on my DVD shelf. I'd rank it closer to American Wedding than Anchorman, but still a great time at the movies. Simple plot, simple character molds for the cast to fit into, which left them with most of their energy to be put to comedic use. Vince and Owen were great, with Vince stealing most of the movie's jokes. Rachel McAdams is a goddess, and Isla Fisher is a lot funnier and hotter than she comes across in the trailers. I also loved seeing two actors whose only major roles were as gay men (Sack Lodge, who was the Michael Ian Black's lover in Wet Hot American Summer, and Carson Elrod, one of the gay best friends in Kissing Jessica Stein) playing the most over-aggressive hyper-hetero preppie athletes imaginable. Go see it, or rent it, but don't make a life long commitment to it.

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com